Pages

Boats in the Sunshine

Scarf - vintage, blouse - made by me, everything else thrifted (except socks!)

Today was a rather lovely sunny day, and after deliberating for ages on what to wear (I've forgotten how to dress myself for warm weather and in a way that doesn't involve jeans) I had a very long train trip out to visit a friend and do some wedding planning!


I apologise again for posts being so sparse, but I have gotten myself a job (at last!!) and have been working like crazy to save money so we can move house.. Once this happens I won't have to sit through an hour and a half of public transport every day so I'll have more time to blog. It doesn't help that the days are getting shorter - waking up and getting home in darkness are not really conductive to taking outfit photos, and neither are the rather boring work outfits I've been scrimping together (apparently I have an embarrassing lack of tops that go with jeans.. must remedy this.)

I am planning to try to come up with some non-outfit-related posts so I can try to post more than once a week, but I'm afraid I can't promise anything just yet!



Hope everyone had/has a great weekend!


9 comments:

  1. That blouse is gorgeous, I love this type of cut and if I could I'd have 50 blouses like this to go with all of my skirts (that I never wear for lack of matching blouses lol). I also LOVE that hat, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look flawless! I adore your blouse, the print, the cut. So cute!

    Also, congrats on getting a job!

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blouse looks terrific, I can't believe it's the first one you made! And congratulations on the job-- I totally understand the work-related photo difficulties. When I had a 10-6 it was a real struggle trying to get photos in during the week. I think I ended up taking them before work a lot, or weekends. Anyway, I bet you'll settle into a routine, but in the meantime, congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love this look its quite simple as a combo but always Wins:)

    I like the straws reminding of the sunny Days and this 50s sleeveless shirt is exactly in the mood to go With.
    Brilliant!
    Xxx
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking lovely!
    O, being close to work makes life so much easier. I hope you find somewhere splendid to live! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I absolutely love the novelty print on your shirt, and combined with the sunhat and the black pleated skirt the look is absolutely classic.
    I completely understand the difficulty of blogging with a job... I'm about to head off for my first day of work in a few hours, and I'm sure it'll take a little while for me to sort out my schedule again. Congratulations, though, work is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the boat fabric, so cute. Congrats on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A darling outfit! I love the novelty print, and the pleats on your skirt are too perfect. I'm such a sucker for pleating ~ and straw hats for that matter... Too bad it's coming on to winter in Australia, I won't be wearing any straw hats for a while yet. :) ♥

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...